Spicy Herb-roasted Nuts
Dress any bowl of nuts for the holidays with maple syrup and a savory, spicy blend of herbs and watch it disappear. We've chosen almonds, walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts — but any mix of nuts would make this irresistible. Nancy Taylor, PCC Director of Human Resources, has been making these mixed nuts and giving them as gifts for years.
- 1 1/2 cups almonds Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or cashews Add to list
- 1 cup hazelnuts Add to list
- 1 cup pecans Add to list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or for spicier nuts, use 1/2 teaspoon) Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt Add to list
Preheat oven to 300° F.
Mix all ingredients together in a shallow, rimmed baking sheet. Spread out in a single layer.
Bake about 45 minutes, until all the moisture is absorbed and nuts are fragrant and nicely browned. Stir occasionally, breaking up clumps.
Cool and store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature or up to 1 month in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe by, PCC staff