PCC Spicy Herb-roasted Nuts
Dress any bowl of nuts for the holidays with maple syrup and a savory, spicy blend of herbs and watch it disappear. We've chosen almonds, walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts — but any mix of nuts would make this irresistible. Nancy Taylor, PCC Director of Human Resources, has been making these mixed nuts and giving them as gifts for years.
- 1 1/2 cups almonds Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or cashews Add to list
- 1 cup hazelnuts Add to list
- 1 cup pecans Add to list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or for spicier nuts, use 1/2 teaspoon) Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram Add to list
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt Add to list
Mix all ingredients together in a 10-inch x 15-inch baking pan.
Bake at 300° F for about 45 minutes, until all the moisture is absorbed and the nuts are browned. Stir occasionally, breaking up clumps.
Cool and store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature or up to 1 month in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe by, PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »