Spicy Cauliflower Curry
This simple Indian curry is a terrific side dish, or serve with plenty of basmati rice as a vegetarian supper.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided Add to list
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds Add to list
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric Add to list
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 yellow onion, cut into large dice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chili paste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained Add to list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice Add to list
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
In small sauté pan, heat 3 tablespoons oil and mustard seeds over medium heat until the seeds pop, become fragrant and change color. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in turmeric.
Pour spice mixture over cauliflower florets, add salt and toss until evenly coated. Roast on foil-lined baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside.
Sauté onions in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chili paste and sauté. Deglaze with 2 tablespoons water. Set aside.
Place cauliflower in a bowl. Add frozen peas, onion mixture and lemon juice. In order to avoid breaking up cauliflower, toss to coat but do not overmix.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »