Spiced Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Sauce
A quick and easy weeknight dinner, fish tacos will please the whole family. Serve with guacamole, salsa and chips, or enjoy as is!
- 1 pound halibut or cod fillet Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon coriander Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin, divided Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 tablespoon canola oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Add to list
- 4 corn tortillas Add to list
- 1/4 small green cabbage, shredded Add to list
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded Add to list
- Lime wedges, for garnish Add to list
Gently dry fish with kitchen towels. Combine chili powder, coriander, cinnamon and 2 teaspoons cumin in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over both sides of fish fillet; season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place fish in the pan and cook until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully turn fish over and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, another 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.
Combine sour cream or Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Flake fish into chunks and distribute evenly among tortillas. Top each with cabbage and creamy lime sauce; serve with lime wedges.