Spiced Cranberry Chutney
What would Thanksgiving be without cranberry sauce? Using the exceptionally sweet juice from satsuma oranges (available only this time of year) eliminates the need for some of the sugar traditionally used in making cranberry chutney.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries Add to list
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed juice from satsuma oranges Add to list
- 1/4 cup fruit vinegar (e.g., raspberry) Add to list
- 1/3 cup dried currants Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger Add to list
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1/4 cup organic sugar, or to taste Add to list
Sort and wash cranberries. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Add cranberries and cook over medium hear until they begin to pop. Continue cooking until your sauce reaches the desired consistency. Discard cinnamon. Serve chilled.