Serves: 10 to 12
- 3/4 cup organic sugar Add to list
- 1 stick organic butter, room temperature Add to list
- 3 large organic eggs, room temperature Add to list
- 1/2 cup organic milk Add to list
- 1 1/4 cups organic white spelt flour Add to list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend (I prefer the blend from Frontier) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger Add to list
- Caramelized Pear Sauce Add to list
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a mixing bowl combine sugar and butter. With an electric hand mixer, beat until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing constantly. Add the milk and mix.
Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
Fold in the flour mixture with a big spoon or spatula, and mix until batter is well combined. Do not overmix the dough.
Line the bottom of a baking dish with parchment paper and butter the sides. Pour in the dough and evenly spread it. Bake for about 40 minutes. Use a toothpick to check doneness — the toothpick should come out clean.
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack.
When the cake is room temperature, slice and serve with Caramelized Pear Sauce.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: 2011 PCC fall member meeting dinner
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »