Spice-rubbed Wild Salmon
A blend of herbs and spices lends zesty flavor to a Northwest favorite.
For the rub (all spices available in bulk)
- 1 tablespoon coriander Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence Add to list
- 2 tablespoons turmeric Add to list
- 2 tablespoons cumin Add to list
- 2 tablespoons paprika Add to list
For the lemon oil
For the salmon
- Six 4- to 5-ounce pieces fresh wild salmon (see note) Add to list
Mix herbs together and store in an air-tight container.
Mix together and store in a squeeze bottle or a bottle with a pour spout.
Rub salmon with spices, drizzle with lemon oil, then salt and pepper. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes. Roast, grill or broil on very high heat, just until the salmon begins to flake, about 5 to 10 minutes.
The salmon pieces make large servings; leftovers are great atop a salad the next day!
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, May 2010