Spice Rub Mixture
A flavorful rub for poultry designed by our chef for Spice Crusted Chicken Skewers with Red Curry Peanut Sauce.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard seed Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon pepper Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes Add to list
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To make into a wet rub, stir the entire spice mixture into 1/4 cup olive oil.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.