Whole Spice-crusted Lamb Brochette with Pomegranate Subduction Reduction
Yield: 4 entrée or 8 to 12 appetizer portions
The beauty of this dish is the way the raw spices on the outside of the lamb bloom and caramelize as they are cooked over a hot grill. The sweet and spicy red wine and pomegranate sauce makes it a gorgeous and elegant presentation!
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, coriander, mustard seed and fennel seed Add to list
- 2 clove buds Add to list
- 2 allspice berries Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste Add to list
- 1 pound boneless lamb sirloin or leg, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- Pomegranate Subduction Reduction Add to list
Place all the spices in a mortar, spice grinder or pepper mill and crack or coarsely grind. Mix together with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss the lamb in this mixture and marinate 1 hour to overnight.
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
Thread the lamb on skewers and grill, turning several times, until the internal temperature is 135° F for medium rare (about 8 to 10 minutes). Serve with the Pomegranate Subduction Reduction.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired August 18, 2010.