Savory Spice-crusted Free-range Chicken Breasts on the Grill
I am a great believer in creating your own spice blends and rubs. PCC makes this so easy by offering a wide variety of spices in bulk. You can mix and match with just the amount of each that you need. Fresh spices are full of aromatic oils and will really change the personality of your dish!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts Add to list
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, coriander and fennel seed Add to list
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon each salt and freshly cracked black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and zest Add to list
Coat the chicken with the Spice Mixture and let marinate from 1 hour to overnight. Grill the chicken over hot coals or a gas grill pre-heated to medium high for 4 to 6 minutes to a side or until deeply browned and just done through. (The internal temperatures should read 160° F.) Don’t overcook!
Slice on the diagonal and serve with fresh lemon slices and a lovely little spring salad.
Directions for Spice Mixture
Crush the cumin, coriander and fennel seed in a mortar or coarsely grind in a spice grinder or pepper mill. Combine with the rest of the ingredients to form a thick paste.
Recipe by, PCC Chef