- 2 slightly crisp pears (D'Anjou or Bosc are my favorites for this dish) Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup Add to list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar Add to list
- 3 tablespoons apple cider Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves Add to list
- 1 stick cinnamon Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
Cut the pears into small cubes. Place the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over the pears and allow to sit for 3 hours to overnight. Drain well and serve with Puff Pastry Canapés with Blue Cheese and Pears.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: PCC Fresh, December 2009
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.