Spice Blend Vinaigrette
Try this vinaigrette with New Potato and Green Bean Salad.
- 1 teaspoon each: fennel seed, coriander, cumin, mustard seed, and peppercorns Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon each clove and allspice berries (or substitute 1 tablespoon, or to taste, curry powder blend) Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint Add to list
Coarsely grind or crush the spices in a spice grinder, mortar and pestle or pepper grinder. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium-low heat and add all of the spices. Stir to bloom the flavors of the spices, about 1 minute (don’t let them burn!), and remove from heat. Cool the spices. Combine with the remaining ingredients and blend well.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: PCC Fresh, June 2010