Serves: 4 to 6
Tortilla Espanola is a very common dish served in Spain. It makes a great breakfast, appetizer or light dinner served with a salad.
- Olive oil Add to list
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick Add to list
- 1/2 onion, chopped Add to list
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped Add to list
- 2 slices cooked ham, chopped (optional) Add to list
- 6 eggs, beaten Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes, onion and bell pepper and spread evenly over the surface. There should be enough oil to almost cover the potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Remove vegetables from the pan and drain off excess oil.
Combine vegetables, ham and eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture back into lightly oiled skillet and cook until golden, 5 to 8 minutes.
Turn omelet over onto a large plate and slide back into the pan, uncooked side down. Cook until lightly golden, an additional 3 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to sit in the pan for 2 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »