Spanish Chickpea Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained Add to list
- 4 piquillo peppers, diced Add to list
- 1 small tomato, diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber Add to list
- 2 green onions with green tops, sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley Add to list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice Add to list
- 1 small garlic clove, minced Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled (optional) Add to list
In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, piquillo peppers, tomato, cucumber, green onions and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the olive oil and whisk thoroughly to combine.
Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine, then fold in goat cheese. Refrigerate to blend flavors or serve immediately.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Recipe featured in PCC Cooks kids cooking camps.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »