Southwest Tofu Stew
Serves: 4 to 6
With zucchini, sweet corn and tomatoes, this vegan stew is a nice reminder of summer at any time of year.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn Add to list
- 1/2 cup frozen peas Add to list
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes Add to list
- 2 cups vegetable stock Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 1 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 5 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes Add to list
- 5 teaspoons arrowroot powder Add to list
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cold water Add to list
Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add all vegetables and sauté until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
Add vegetable stock, lemon juice and all spices. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add tofu.
Mix arrowroot into a slurry with a small amount of cold water. Stir the slurry into the hot stew to thicken the stock.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »