Southwest Red Chili-crusted Shrimp Skewers
Yield: Yields 4 to 6 skewers
These make wonderful appetizers, or lay them atop a salad for a beautiful and colorful meal.
- 1 pound raw, large shrimp - washed, deveined and tails removed Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1 to 2 limes) Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 cup red chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 6 skewers, at least 8 inches long Add to list
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional) Add to list
Put shrimp in a glass container and pour lime juice over the top. Add garlic and mix together. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Mix chili powder, paprika and sea salt together on a plate. Take shrimp, one by one, and pat into chili powder mixture to coat each side. Skewer each chili-coated shrimp; you should be able to fit 4 to 6 shrimp on each skewer.
Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. When shrimp are firm and have changed color, they are done. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor