Southwest Red Chili-crusted Shrimp Skewers
Yield: Yields 4 to 6 skewers
These make wonderful appetizers, or lay them atop a salad for a beautiful and colorful meal.
- 1 pound raw, large shrimp - washed, deveined and tails removed Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1 to 2 limes) Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/4 cup red chili powder Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 6 skewers, at least 8 inches long Add to list
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional) Add to list
Put shrimp in a glass container and pour lime juice over the top. Add garlic and mix together. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Mix chili powder, paprika and sea salt together on a plate. Take shrimp, one by one, and pat into chili powder mixture to coat each side. Skewer each chili-coated shrimp; you should be able to fit 4 to 6 shrimp on each skewer.
Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side. When shrimp are firm and have changed color, they are done. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds, if desired.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »