Southern Comfort Barbecue Sauce
Use this sauce in the recipe for Succulent Spice-rubbed Ribs with Southern Comfort Barbecue Sauce.
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup minced onion Add to list
- 3 cups ketchup Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or molasses (or a combination) Add to list
- 1/2 cup Southern Comfort or bourbon Add to list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard Add to list
- 1 teaspoon celery seed Add to list
- Cracked black pepper to taste Add to list
In a heavy saucepan heat the oil and sauté the onions until they are tender, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. You may store the sauce in the fridge for up to one month.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired June 23, 2010