South American Quinoa Salad
This dish can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. For a meal that can be put together in 15 minutes, prepare the Chili Pumpkin Seeds ahead of time and use leftover quinoa.
- 2 cups quinoa Add to list
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock Add to list
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed, or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed Add to list
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
- Chili Pumpkin Seeds, for garnish Add to list
Rinse and drain the quinoa. Bring water or vegetable stock to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, beans, olive oil, lime juice, salt, green onions and corn. Stir to combine. Add tomatoes and most of the cilantro; stir gently. Garnish with Chili Pumpkin Seeds and remaining cilantro.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »