Soft and Chewy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 14 cookies
A chewy and delicious wheat-free version of a traditional favorite. Use carob chips to make them a treat suitable for all diets. After cooling, store these cookies in an air-tight container – if they last that long!
- 1 cup oat flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup almond flour Add to list
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar Add to list
- 1/3 cup sugar Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds Add to list
- 3 tablespoons water Add to list
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats Add to list
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips Add to list
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces (optional) Add to list
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine flours, sugars, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together flax and water until creamy; stir in oil and vanilla. Mix wet ingredients into dry. Fold in oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, by the rounded tablespoonful, about 1 inch apart. Press down gently to flatten. Bake until just golden at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Make sure to melt the coconut oil as directed. The texture will be very crumbly if you skip that step.
Each serving: 170 cal, 9g fat (5g sat), 0mg chol, 90mg sodium, 21g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef