Soba Noodle Stir-fry
- 9.5-ounce package soba noodles Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon molasses Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mirin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 10-ounce package firm tofu, cubed Add to list
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen stir-fry vegetable mix OR 4 cups fresh vegetables of choice (onions, bok choy, carrots, broccoli, peppers) Add to list
Boil 2 quarts water in large pot. Cook noodles about 4 minutes until al dente. Strain and set aside.
Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, molasses, mirin, rice vinegar, salt, ginger, garlic and white pepper and red chili flakes if using.
Heat wok on high heat, then add oil. Add tofu cubes and stir-fry until browned. Add vegetables and cover for 3 minutes. Add cooked noodles and sauce mixture to vegetables and tofu. Stir until coated evenly by sauce. Serve hot or cold.
Recipe by, PCC Nutrition Educator