Soba Noodle Stir-fry
- 1 (9 1/2-ounce) package soba noodles Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon molasses Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mirin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 (10-ounce) package firm tofu, cubed Add to list
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen stir-fry vegetable mix OR 4 cups fresh vegetables of choice (onions, bok choy, carrots, broccoli, peppers) Add to list
Boil 2 quarts water in large pot. Cook noodles until al dente, about 4 minutes. Strain and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, molasses, mirin, rice vinegar, salt, ginger, garlic, white pepper and red pepper flakes.
Heat wok over high heat; add oil. Add tofu cubes and stir-fry until browned. Add vegetables and cover for 3 minutes. Add cooked noodles and sauce mixture to vegetables and tofu. Stir until coated evenly by sauce. Serve hot or cold.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Educator
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »