Soba Noodle Stir-fry
- 1 (9 1/2-ounce) package soba noodles Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon molasses Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mirin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger Add to list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper (optional) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) Add to list
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1 (10-ounce) package firm tofu, cubed Add to list
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen stir-fry vegetable mix OR 4 cups fresh vegetables of choice (onions, bok choy, carrots, broccoli, peppers) Add to list
Boil 2 quarts water in large pot. Cook noodles until al dente, about 4 minutes. Strain and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, molasses, mirin, rice vinegar, salt, ginger, garlic, white pepper and red pepper flakes.
Heat wok over high heat; add oil. Add tofu cubes and stir-fry until browned. Add vegetables and cover for 3 minutes. Add cooked noodles and sauce mixture to vegetables and tofu. Stir until coated evenly by sauce. Serve hot or cold.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Educator