Open-faced sandwiches are a classic Scandinavian breakfast, hearty and easy.
Topping ideas (use any combination)
- Gouda or Jarlsberg are traditional but nearly any cheese works Add to list
- Cold-cuts or smoked or cured meats, such as salami or PCC’s smoked salmon Add to list
- Sliced hard-boiled eggs Add to list
- Shrimp (Oregon pink shrimp, available cooked in PCC meat departments, are perfect) Add to list
- Sliced tomato, cucumber, radishes or other veggies, and a sprig of parsley for garnish! Add to list
Spread bread or crisp with butter then layer on the toppings, mixing and matching to suit your fancy. Enjoy immediately!
Source: Sound Consumer, March 2011
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »