Smoky Spice Rub
Use this rub in the recipe for Succulent Spice-rubbed Ribs with Southern Comfort Barbecue Sauce.
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns Add to list
- 1 tablespoon celery seed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes Add to list
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika Add to list
Combine peppercorns, celery seed, coarse salt, garlic flakes, allspice berries, ginger and pepper flakes in a spice grinder and pulse to a coarse grind.
Stir together with brown sugar and paprika. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired June 23, 2010