Smoky Spice Rub
Use this rub in the recipe for Succulent Spice-rubbed Ribs with Southern Comfort Barbecue Sauce.
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns Add to list
- 1 tablespoon celery seed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes Add to list
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika Add to list
Combine all of the ingredients except the brown sugar and paprika in a spice grinder and pulse to a coarse grind. Stir together with the brown sugar and paprika. Store in an airtight container.
You may buy all of the above spices in ground form and stir them together.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired June 23, 2010
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »