Smoky Pasilla Nectarine Salsa
Yield: Makes about 2 cups
- 1 large or 2 small pasilla chiles Add to list
- 2 cups chopped nectarines (or combine with any of your favorite summer stone fruit such as apricots, plums, peaches or pluots) Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- 5 to 6 dashes hot pepper sauce Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
Char the chile over an open flame or on a preheated grill, turning occasionally. Place in a paper bag and let rest for 10 minutes. Scrape off the blackened skin, remove the stem and seeds and dice the chile. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and chill.
Each 1/4 cup: 28 cal, 0.1g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 294mg sodium, 6.4g carb, 1.2g fiber, 0.9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.