Smoked Salmon Fettuccine
Peas add a taste of spring, but this dish is rich and luxurious any time of year.
- 1 pound fettuccine Add to list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots Add to list
- 4 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced Add to list
- 1/3 cup dry white wine Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups cream Add to list
- 6 ounces smoked salmon Add to list
- 1/2 cup peas (if frozen, thawed) Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste Add to list
Cook the fettuccine in plenty of boiling, salted water as you prepare the sauce.
In a medium pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for a few minutes. Add mushrooms and lower the heat to low; cook until the shallots are caramelized. Add the wine and cook until evaporated. Add the cream and cook until really warm, then add salmon and peas.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste, and keep sauce warm while cooking the pasta.
The pasta should be ready the same time as the sauce. Drain the pasta and then add to the sauce. Mix up quickly and serve immediately.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, April 2011