Sizzling Coriander Shrimp Tacos with Handmade Corn Tortillas
Yield: 10 to 12 tacos
The flavors of shrimp tacos are fresh, vibrant and, if you choose, fiery.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil Add to list
- 1 pound 31 to 40 count peeled and deveined shrimp (tail off) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Limes wedges, for garnish Add to list
- Hot sauce, to taste Add to list
- 10 to 12 corn tortillas Add to list
- 1 cup very finely sliced cabbage Add to list
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce Add to list
- Sprigs of fresh cilantro Add to list
- Mango Salsa or Pico de Gallo Add to list
- Lime wedges Add to list
Heat the oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and coriander seeds in a single layer and let the shrimp cook on one side without stirring for about 2 to 3 minutes or until any liquid in the pan is reduced and the underside of the shrimp starts to turn dark pink. Flip them, sprinkle the garlic and green onions around the pan, and cook until the prawns are just opaque through.
Season with salt, pepper, freshly squeezed lime juice, and hot sauce, all in generous measure, and toss to blend the flavors.
On a griddle or in a hot sauté pan, heat the tortillas a few at a time and place 1 or 2 on each serving plate. Top each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of sliced cabbage and 2 shrimp. Drizzle generously with Creamy Chipotle Sauce and scatter with cilantro sprigs. Serve with salsa, lime wedges and additional topping options as your imagination dictates!
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired March 8, 2012.