Shrimp and Mango "Ceviche"
Wild Northwest shrimp is highlighted with bright flavors in this fully cooked "ceviche." Serve over shredded lettuce for an appetizer.
- 3/4 pound Oregon pink shrimp, precooked* Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion Add to list
- 6 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and chopped Add to list
- 1 tomato, cored and chopped Add to list
- 1 or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt Add to list
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
*Precooked Oregon pink shrimp is available in the fresh or freezer cases at PCC.
Source: Sound Consumer, February 2012
Recipe by PCC Natural Markets