Shopper recipe | Submitted by alejandra6
Yield: 4 cups
Prep time: 1 hour
A delicious and refreshing Middle Eastern salad.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (can use other grain if desired, such as quinoa) Add to list
- 1 bunch curly parsley, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery Add to list
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper Add to list
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, diced Add to list
- Juice of 2 lemons Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or other healthy oil Add to list
Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Remove from heat, add bulgur, and let soak for 1 hour.
Mix parsley, celery, cucumber, bell pepper and tomatoes together in a bowl. Add lemon juice, sea salt and olive oil (or other healthy oil). Combine the soaked bulgur, mix well, and refrigerate.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »