Spicy Bean Salad
Shopper recipe | Submitted by ljsandberg
Prep time: 30 minutes
A spicy mix of beans, this great recipe is from a cookbook I lost. I usually double the recipe. Before it is doubled, it totals 1,775 calories, in case you're counting.
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper Add to list
For the salad
To make the dressing
Blend together olive oil and garlic.
Add lemon juice, cumin, oregano, hot chili oil, salt and pepper and chill 3 hours to let the flavors intensify. (Sometimes I just add it all together — it does get better over time. You decide.)
To make the salad
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Toss with the dressing and eat.