Rick's Favorite Pasta
Shopper recipe | Submitted by Equita8
Prep time: 30 to 40 minutes
This is a gluten-free pasta recipe that can also be made without dairy. It is fun, fast and Rick's favorite. Even better the next day.
- 12-ounce package Tinkyada organic brown rice pasta (spirals or penne) Add to list
- 1/2 pound green beans or sugar snap peas Add to list
- 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter Add to list
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free all purpose baking flour (Bob's Red Mill) Add to list
- 2 cups liquid (I use hemp milk, you can use organic milk) Add to list
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound smoked fish (salmon or smoked tuna) Add to list
- Grated cheese (pecorino or Parmesan) Add to list
Boil large pot of water for the pasta and green beans (or snap peas). Add pasta according to directions on front of package. Add vegetable to hot water to cook.
Melt butter in saucepan on stove top. Add flour to butter and cook until it smells nutty.
Slowly whisk the milk into the flour mixture — it will thicken a bit to make a wonderful cream sauce for the pasta.
Cut the smoked fish (salmon or tuna) into bite-sized pieces and add to the cream sauce after all of the milk has been incorporated. Heat until warm.
Drain the pasta and beans (or peas) into a colander. Return to pot. Pour the pasta sauce over the pasta and toss. I serve in bowls, but plates also work well. Top with grated cheese.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »