Naturally Sweetened Pumpkin Pie
Shopper recipe | Submitted by Kath
Serves: 8 to 10
Yield: 1 pie
Prep time: 90 minutes
This is a recipe that I developed years ago. I recently posted it on my blog: http://kathdedon.wordpress.com.
- My Easy Pie Crust or pastry for a 9-inch, single-crust pie Add to list
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin Add to list
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed) Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon Add to list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup Add to list
- 3 eggs Add to list
Place a large baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 375˚ F.
Prepare My Easy Pie Crust or a 9-inch, single-crust pie shell.
Stir the pumpkin and evaporated milk together in a large bowl. Add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Stir to blend well. Stir in the honey and maple syrup.
Lightly beat the eggs until they are just blended. Stir the eggs into the pumpkin mixture. Don’t over-beat. Just stir until it’s all blended.
Pour the pumpkin filling into the prepared pie crust and put the pie on the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill to store.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »