Italian Turkey Sausage and Navy Bean Soup
Shopper recipe | Submitted by bkfreestuff
Prep time: 45 minutes
Warm, tasty, and healthy, this soup hits the spot on a cold winter's night ... and it's easy too! (Adapted from the 1992 Rogue River Rendezvous)
- 1/2 pound ground Italian turkey sausage Add to list
- 1 onion, chopped Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced Add to list
- 3 cups chicken broth Add to list
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 14.5-ounce cans navy beans, rinsed & drained Add to list
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning Add to list
- 1 zucchini, sliced Add to list
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn Add to list
In a saucepan, brown the Italian turkey sausage with the onions, garlic, and celery.
Add everything except the zucchini and spinach, and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
Add the zucchini and spinach, and simmer for 10 more minutes, uncovered.