Easy Pumpkin Cake
Shopper recipe | Submitted by polaangel
Serves: 10 to 15
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 60 minutes baking
A very easy, fast pumpkin cake. It's moist and yummy. Excellent for Halloween and Thanksgiving.
For the crust
- 1 box Arrowhead Mills Organic Vanilla Cake Mix (divided) Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour Add to list
- 1 stick butter or margarine (1/2 cup) Add to list
- 1 egg or 1/3 cup egg whites, slightly beaten Add to list
For the filling
- 1 large can plain pumpkin Add to list
- 3 eggs or 1 cup egg whites, slightly beaten Add to list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar Add to list
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (I use fat free) Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
For the topping
Preheat oven to 350° F.
To make the crust
Reserve 3/4 cup cake mix and set aside. Blend together the remaining cake mix, flour, butter or margarine, and egg or egg whites. Press into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9x3-inch cake pan.
To make the filling
Mix ingredients together and pour over unbaked crust.
To make the topping
Mix together reserved cake mix, sugar, margarine and oats plus wheat germ (if using). If the topping is still too moist (it should easily crumble) add more oats and/or wheat germ. Sprinkle topping mixture over the top of the filling. You can also sprinkle more oats on the topping.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. ENJOY!
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »