Classic Egg Salad
Shopper recipe | Submitted by Allison Wood
Yield: 2 quarts
Prep time: 30 minutes, less if eggs cooked ahead
A classic that will satisfy adults and kids alike; rich yet lively and satisfying. Great on crusty whole grain bread and with sliced radishes or lightly dressed arugula.
*This recipe is large and contains up to 30 portions at approximately 4 ounces per serving. The recipe can be halved or further reduced easily, but be careful to season with salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- 60 eggs Add to list
- 3 cups mayonnaise Add to list
- 1/2 cup Dijon Add to list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Chalula) Add to list
- 1 bunch parsley Add to list
- 2 teaspoons salt Add to list
- 2 teaspoons pepper Add to list
Hard-boil eggs in salted water; shock in ice water and then peel and rinse. Into a large bowl, grate eggs using a box grater or by running over a wire cooling rack for faster peeling.
Stir together next three ingredients in a small bowl, then add all remaining ingredients except parsley. Gently fold into grated eggs until just combined. Taste seasoning and adjust as needed.
Cut off parsley stems and finely chop the parsley. Sprinkle over eggs and fold in.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »