Shaved Asparagus Salad with Radishes
Shaving raw asparagus transforms the veggie into noodle-like strips that are light and crisp. Combine with radishes, lemon and goat cheese for a bright, fresh, spring salad that’s big on asparagus flavor.
- 1 bunch asparagus, large spears Add to list
- 3 to 4 small radishes Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 scant teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled Add to list
- Crusty bread, for serving (optional) Add to list
Remove woody ends from asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus lengthwise. (You can use the trimmings to make soup or stock). Cut radishes into quarters and mix with asparagus in a bowl.
Add lemon juice, zest, vinegar, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper to a jar. Twist the lid on tight and shake well.
Pile asparagus and radishes on a salad plate, much like pasta. Drizzle some of the dressing, to your taste, over the top. Scatter with goat cheese and serve with a nice crusty bread.
Each serving: 160 cal, 15g fat (3g sat), 5mg chol, 190mg sodium, 3g carb, 1g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor