Shaved Asparagus Salad with Radishes
- 1 bunch asparagus, large spears Add to list
- 3 to 4 small radishes (icicle radishes, if available) Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup of your favorite extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 scant teaspoon chopped, fresh marjoram Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup local goat cheese, crumbled Add to list
- Edible flowers for garnish (borage, calendula, or sage flowers) Add to list
On a cutting board, shave the asparagus lengthwise. (You can use the trimmings to make soup or stock). Cut the radishes into quarters and mix with the asparagus in a bowl.
Add the lemon juice, zest, vinegar, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper to a jar. Twist the lid on tight and shake well.
Drizzle some of the dressing to your taste over the asparagus and radishes. Pile the asparagus and radishes up on a salad plate, much like pasta. Scatter some cheese over the top and garnish with the edible flowers.
Serve with a nice crusty bread.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor