Prep time: 20 minutes
This simple slaw is delicious! For a dairy-free version, see the notes below.
- 3 cups non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt Add to list
- 1/4 cup low-fat or nonfat mayonnaise Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey Add to list
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage Add to list
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage Add to list
- 1 cup finely minced, dark green kale Add to list
- 1 cup finely diced kale stems Add to list
- 1 cup sliced, white bok choy stems Add to list
- 1/2 cup shredded white Daikon radish (or turnip or rutabaga) Add to list
- 1 large, unpeeled greed apple, cored and diced Add to list
- 1 large pear, such as Bosc or D'Anjou, diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries Add to list
- 1/2 cup raw or lightly pan-toasted nuts or seeds Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional Add to list
Blend together the yogurt, mayonnaise and honey. Toss with the prepared vegetables until thoroughly combined. Reserve some cranberries and nuts to garnish. Season with a pinch of salt and coarsely ground black pepper, if desired.
Note: For a dairy-free version of the dressing, replace the yogurt with 1 cup silken, soft tofu and add 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Adjust flavors to suit your preferences.
Source: Sound Consumer December 2000
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »