Seared Salmon Cakes with Parsley Almond Pesto
These salmon cakes are great as a starter course or entrée. Top with Parsley Almond Pesto.
- 2 teaspoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 carrot, grated Add to list
- 1 pound cooked salmon, bones removed and shredded Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Add to list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten Add to list
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- Parsley Almond Pesto, for serving Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, garlic and carrots until tender, about 4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
Combine vegetables with remaining ingredients, except pesto. Combine well and form into 4-inch patties; place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake until slightly golden and heated through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with Parsley Almond Pesto.
Recipe by, PCC Chef