Seared Flank Steak
Try this option at home, or look for our pre-seasoned Natural Express meat, poultry and seafood options at your PCC.
- 1 1/2 cups Italian parsley, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped Add to list
- 2 garlic cloves Add to list
- 1 teaspoon each: chile flakes, ground cumin, salt and smoked sweet paprika Add to list
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- Ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
Smash and chop garlic into a paste. Place parsley, cilantro and garlic in a glass or stainless steel bowl and add chile flakes, cumin, salt, paprika and vinegar. Whisk well. Add olive oil and whisk again to incorporate. Add pepper, taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Salt and pepper the steak and let it rest at room temperature. Heat a large cast-iron grill pan on medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, brush pan with oil and immediately place the steak down. Sear for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn and finish on the other side for 4 to 5 minutes.
Remove steak from heat to a cutting board and tent with foil. Let it rest for several minutes before slicing. Cut slices against the grain on the bias. Pour sauce over slices and serve.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, May 2010