Seared Ahi Tuna en Brochette
Yield: 8 to 12 skewers
- 12 to 14 ounces Ahi tuna fillet Add to list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce Add to list
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sugar Add to list
- High-heat vegetable or peanut oil Add to list
- Pomegranate Wasabi Glaze Add to list
- Black sesame seeds and sliced green onions for garnish Add to list
Cut the tuna into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a bowl. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and sugar. Pour over the tuna and toss gently. Let marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat a griddle or sauté pan to medium high. Add only enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom and sear the tuna for about 15 seconds on each side. The tuna will be medium-rare in the center.
Skewer 2 or 3 cubes each on small skewers. Brush with the Pomegranate Wasabi Glaze and garnish with black sesame seeds and green onions. Serve the rest of the glaze on the side for dipping.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »