Scrambled Eggs, Avocado and Smoked Salmon on Toast
Serves: 4 to 6
Creamy and salty, this hits the spot any time of day.
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided Add to list
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche (optional) Add to list
- 6 large eggs Add to list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter Add to list
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 4 large or 8 small slices sourdough, whole wheat or other favorite artisan bread, toasted Add to list
- 1 avocado, diced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon Add to list
Whisk 2 tablespoons chives, crème fraîche (if using), and eggs in a large bowl. Melt butter in a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cook, occasionally scraping bottom of skillet with a heatproof spatula to form large, soft curds, until just barely set, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
Place 2 slices of toast on each plate. In a bowl, mash avocado with a fork and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread mashed avocado over each slice of toast. Spoon eggs over avocado. Drape salmon slices over eggs, garnish with remaining 1 tablespoon chives, and season to taste with pepper.
Each serving: 358 cal, 23g fat (8.3g sat), 359mg chol, 237mg sodium, 16.6g carb, 3.8g fiber, 19g protein
Source: Sound Consumer, January 2013
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »