Savory Chèvre and Corn Pudding
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped Add to list
- 3 tablespoons flour Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels (about 14 ounces), thawed Add to list
- 4 ounces chèvre cheese Add to list
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese Add to list
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Freshly ground pepper Add to list
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch cake or tart pan.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until very soft, about 12 minutes. Mix in flour and stir for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl and cool to lukewarm. Add eggs to onion mixture and whisk to blend. Mix in corn, both cheeses, milk and salt. Season with pepper.
Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Bake the pudding until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Sound Consumer March 2005