Savory Black Beans with Chicken
- 1 shallot, diced Add to list
- 1/2 onion, diced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 2 cups chicken broth Add to list
- 1 to 2 pounds shredded cooked chicken Add to list
- 2 cups dry black beans (available in the bulk section) Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Sauté the shallot, onion and garlic in olive oil until lightly browned.
Pour the broth into a stockpot. Add the vegetables, chicken and beans. If necessary, add water to ensure the beans are covered completely. Simmer over low heat for 3 hours or until the beans are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by, PCC member
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »