Sardine Tonnato Spread
Yield: About 1 cup
Even people who don’t like sardines will like this mild, lemony spread. It’s delicious on sandwiches or crackers.
- 2 (4.375-ounce) cans sardines packed in olive oil, drained Add to list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (you may add another tablespoon or two if you like it creamier) Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley Add to list
- 2 teaspoons drained bottled capers, chopped Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (add another teaspoon if you wish) Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt Add to list
Mash all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork until combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to three days.