Santa Fe Pasta
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguini Add to list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil Add to list
- 2 cups onion, chopped Add to list
- 2 cups green pepper, chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup Anaheim chile, minced Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced (6 sprigs) Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano Add to list
- 1 14.5 ounce can dice tomatoes, drained Add to list
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and rinsed Add to list
- 10 ounces frozen corn Add to list
- 1 fresh lime, juiced Add to list
- Salt (optional) Add to list
Cook pasta until al denté, drain, refresh under cold water and reserve.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over moderate heat. Add onion, green pepper and chile pepper; sauté for 2 to 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic, spices, tomato, black beans and corn; sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked pasta and cilantro; sauté for one more minute until pasta and vegetables are heated through.
Squeeze lime over pasta and season to taste with salt if desired.
Source: Sound Consumer May 2001