Salmon Hazelnut Bake
Serves: 1 to 2
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 5 to 8 ounces Copper River Salmon fillet Add to list
- 1/4 cup organic hazelnuts, finely chopped Add to list
- 2 ounces white wine (Riesling is good) Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- 1 tablespoon butter Add to list
Coat salmon in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then coat all sides in chopped hazelnuts. Heat remaining oil in a sauté pan. Place salmon skin side up in a pan and sauté one minute. Turn and sauté other side for one minute.
Leaving salmon in sauté pan, deglaze bottom of pan with 1 ounce of the wine and water. Place pan in 400°F oven and bake until fish is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and deglaze pan a final time with butter and remaining wine. Garnish with coarsely chopped hazelnuts and blueberries.
Fish cooking tip: Never add lemon or lime juice before or during the cooking of fish. The acids break down the flesh and makes it mushy! Squirt fresh lemon or lime juice on the fish AFTER its cooked.
Source: Sound Consumer May 2001