Salade Verte (Seasonal Green Salad)
Serves: 4 to 6
Simplicity lets the freshness of the greens shine.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1/2 a shallot, finely minced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or more to taste Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, parsley or tarragon Add to list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 4 to 5 loosely packed cups of your favorite salad greens Add to list
- Small wedge of soft-ripened cheese of your choice Add to list
- Sea salt and pepper Add to list
Whisk together red wine vinegar, shallot, Dijon, and herbs. Add olive oil in a slow stream to emulsify.
Wash and spin-dry greens. Lightly dress and toss the greens with the vinaigrette.
Mound on a salad plate with a slice of cheese and a generous sprinkle of sea salt and fresh-ground pepper.
Each serving: 150 cal, 16g fat (3.5g sat), 5mg chol, 110mg sodium, 2g carb, 1g fiber, 3g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, May 2012