Serves: 4 for a main course, 6 for a side salad
Ah, Niçoise. Stand-alone favorites such as tuna, organic tomatoes, green beans and potatoes make a delicious collective. A good choice for those hot nights when you can’t imagine what could fill you up but still cool you down.
- 2 to 3 cups chilled, blanched or steamed green beans Add to list
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups large diced, roasted or steamed potatoes Add to list
- 2 to 3 quartered, ripe tomatoes Add to list
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup vinaigrette* Add to list
- 1 to 2 heads organic butter lettuce, or other lettuce of your choice Add to list
- 2 cans tuna, drained (we carry sustainable tuna that’s flavorful and low in contaminants) Add to list
- 1/2 cup pitted Niçoise or other black olives Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced, fresh green herbs of your choice Add to list
Just before serving, toss the beans, potatoes and tomatoes individually with a few spoonfuls of vinaigrette. Line each serving plate with lettuce leaves. Arrange groups of each ingredient on the lettuce in any way you like. Drizzle additional dressing over the salad, sprinkle with herbs and serve.
Source: Adapted by PCC Cooks from “Mastering the Art of French Cooking.”