Salad With Chard and Seasonal Greens
This mix-and-match salad, developed by Bastyr University graduate Rita Condon — who also works in PCC’s human resources department — was served at our annual meeting last month to rave reviews. It takes advantage of chard and the abundant, locally grown, leafy greens available this month in our markets.
Use as much or as little of the following greens
- Chard, torn like lettuce with sliced stems Add to list
- Escarole, torn Add to list
- Frisee, torn Add to list
- Spinach leaves, torn Add to list
- Sliced nappa and red cabbage, thinly sliced Add to list
- Carrots, grated Add to list
- Red and daikon radish, thinly sliced Add to list
Start with this recipe as a foundation, and combine different salad oils, vinegars and herbs to create your own combination.
Combine ingredients in a cruet or a corked bottle and shake vigorously. Or, combine using a blender, which keeps the oil and vinegar mixed together longer.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Source: Sound Consumer
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »