Rustic Potato Crème Fraîche Souffle
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 head garlic Add to list
- Drizzle of olive oil Add to list
- 2 pounds red or white potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks Add to list
- 1/4 cup butter Add to list
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche Add to list
- 1/2 cup vegetable, chicken or turkey stock Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper Add to list
- 2 eggs, beaten until very light and fluffy Add to list
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Cut the top off the garlic and place in an oven-proof ramekin. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in a oven for 1 hour. You may do this in advance if you like.
Preheat oven to 400° F.Butter a 9- by 13-inch casserole dish and set aside.
Place potatoes in a pot of boiling, salted water to cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl and squeeze in roasted garlic. Add butter, crème fraîche, stock, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes, skins and all, until fairly smooth. Gently fold in eggs.
Spoon batter into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and slightly puffy.
Recipe by, PCC Chef