Ruby Root Slaw
Raw root vegetables are shredded and mixed with a sweet and tangy dressing for a winter salad with crunch!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar Add to list
- Salt and black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 red beets, peeled and grated Add to list
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated Add to list
- 1 apple, peeled and grated Add to list
- 1/2 jicama, peeled and grated Add to list
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley Add to list
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, horseradish, sugar, salt and pepper.
Toss the dressing with the beets, carrots, apple and jicama. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop. Fold in walnuts and parsley just before serving.
Each serving: 170 cal, 10g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 210mg sodium, 20g carb, 6g fiber, 2g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »