Ruby Red Hummus
Yield: About 3 1/2 cups
Firefly Kitchens Ruby Red Kraut adds color and a burst of flavor to an old classic.
- 2 cloves garlic Add to list
- 1/3 cup grated raw beets Add to list
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans Add to list
- 1 cup Firefly Kitchens Ruby Red Kraut (just the kraut, no brine) Add to list
- 3 tablespoons tahini Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste Add to list
Toss garlic, grated beets and Ruby Red Kraut into a food processor and blend well. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to desired consistency.
each of 12 servings: 80 cal, 5g fat (0.5g sat), 0mg chol, 135mg sodium, 8g carb, 2g fiber, 3g protein
Source: Sound Consumer, March 2013
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »