Rosemary-Lemon Lamb Chops with Pan-seared Lemon Slices
Yield: 8 thin lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel Add to list
- Salt and coarsely cracked pepper Add to list
- 8 single-bone lamb chops (about 1/2-inch thick) Add to list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons safflower or sunflower oil Add to list
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices Add to list
Combine the rosemary, lemon peel, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the surface of each lamb chop.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sear the chops for about 2 minutes to a side for medium rare. In the last couple of minutes, add the lemon slices to the pan and cook until lightly browned. Remove the lamb and lemon slices from the pan and layer them on a platter. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired September 15, 2010.